Honor and Duty: The Mississippi Delta Chinese
Film License Agreement
Heritage Series produces a compelling documentary film that's been cleared for educational use. We offer an Educational, Library or Exhibition license for $310, plus additional charges for supplementary copies. Browse through our licensing policies for the use of our films.
- Home Use - DVD only - for personal viewing - automatically included with purchase of DVD (no additional license purchase required)
- Educational - for use in classrooms and distance learning only. May be purchased by educational institution by department for use within that department.
- Library - for use in public or educational lending libraries.
- Exhibition - for use public settings by the licensee only.
The Parties agree as follows:
Heritage Series, LLC, grants ("Licensee") permission to use the "Honor and Duty: The Mississippi Delta Chinese" documentary film ("Film") solely for its internal educational use, according to the terms set out below.
- For the purpose of this agreement, "internal educational use" is limited to screenings of the Film by students and faculty members in a learning environment provided by Licensee. Licensee may not charge a fee for, or commercially exploit in any way, its use of the Film without written permission from us.
- In consideration of the permissions granted herein, Licensee agrees to pay $310 US. We will provide Licensee a DVD of the Film separately.
- Licensee may purchase additional copies of the Film for $50 US. Each purchase shall be subject to the licensing terms set out in this Agreement.
- Licensee may not reproduce, alter, create derivative works from, or distribute the Film without our written consent.
- The permission granted in this License Agreement extends only to the 2016 versions of the Film and not to any subsequent versions.
- This license supersedes prior License Agreements or Permissions to use, distribute, reproduce, and perform any portion of the Film or their previous versions. For the avoidance of doubt, any license granted in connection with any prior version of the Film is hereby terminated and no longer in effect.
- We may terminate this Agreement immediately at any time upon written notice to Licensee in the event Licensee or its students, faculty, or staff use, disclose or reproduce the materials in any manner not permitted by this Agreement.
- Licensee will use the Film at its own risk, and we do not guarantee the Film's accuracy. We will have no liability to Licensee or to any third party as a result of its use of the Film.
- The parties agree that a signature transmitted electronically may be used for all purposes as the original signature.